You must make an appointment with the International Relations Office before you are in Spain. This appointment will be held in the International Relations Office, which is located at the central building (Edificio Central). We will give you personal attention checking whether your documents are correct, giving you the certificate of arrival and the student card. We will also provide you with the relevant information about your stay at our University.
To make an appointment you have to follow these steps:
- Click on On-line Appointment on the home page of the University.
- You will have two options to make an appointment: as a UAL student or teaching staff (with your personal login and password), or external access (with your ID). If you choose the second option, you must put pad (hashtag) before the ID number.
- Select the International Relations Office (International Students Reception)
- Select the day and time you would like to have your appointment. Make sure you are in Spain to be able to attend.
EU Students: You must have a European Health Insurance Card valid for all European citizens who are spending a period of time in our country (and in any other country of the European economic space). Thus, the students should go to the nearest medical centre and fill in a form of temporary register within the health system. You need to have an address and you will be assigned a number after finishing this procedure. When the student requires medical care, (s)he will be treated as a Spanish citizen.
Non European students: The international student arriving at UAL must have health insurance coverage. If your country has no agreement with the Spanish health security, such as Turkey, you must have private insurance during your stay in Spain.
ISEP students must purchase the medical insurance provided by ISEP CENTRAL before arrival.
In case you need a Spanish identification number (NIE: Numero de identificacion de Extranjeros, foreigner's identification number), you can find here the list of documents required to obtain it. (For example, you will need it to open a bank account).
Applications for a NIE can be made at OFICINA DE EXTRANJEROS (C/ Marruecos, 1, 04009, Almería, Tel.: 950625402) or in the COMISARÍA DE POLICÍA (Police Station) (Avda. Del Mediterráneo, s/n, 04006, Tel.: 950623040)
You can also apply for it in the bank office where you want to open the account. They will charge you a small amount for this.
• An application form (form EX14), filled out and signed (www.mir.es)
• Identity card or original passport and photocopy.
• Documents justifying that you are not in Spain in a irregular situation (Acceptance Letter of the University)
You will be able to change subjects after the course starts. We will inform you about the dates in advance.
You can download the extension mobility form here. You have to fill it, send to your Home University in order to be duly signed. Once your University give you back, you have to upload to Umove.
Remember that once you finish your exams and before returning to your university, you must pick up a Certificate of Attendance in the International Relations Office. This document will certify your attendance as a student at our university and must be signed AT THE END of the mobility period.
We will send the Transcript of Records by e-mail to you and to your home University after your departure.