Objectives and Competences
The fundamental objective of this University Master in Social Communication is to improve the training of professionals in the sphere of communication, and also to open a way to research and teaching in its related tasks. It complements both the professional experience of workers of this field and the former training of students from the different degrees, particularly those of Arts and humanities.
In this way, the Master enables the acquisition of knowledge leading to the identification of the different elements present in the communicative processes, both in its sincronic and its diacronic dimensions. Of particular interest are the following:
- Identification of the critical activity as a part of the communicative processes and the acquisition of the knowledge of the specificity of persuasion as a specific phenomenon of human interaction.
- Knowledge of the research methodology in the audiovisual field of Information and Communication Sciences (relating the technical advances and predominant technologies with the space-time orientations of the communicative processes, and analyzing the interactive processes in the Information Era), and the acquisition of analysis techniques used by researchers for studying the communication processes related to health, the migration processes and other social contexts.
- Understanding the social communication processes in their most relevant manifestations, paying attention to the role of the media in historical processes, particularly in those related to current history.
- Reflection about the importance of artistic activities and industries such as cinema in the social communication processes.
- Obtaining the knowledge related to the essential aspects of production, edition and production of radio and television information programs in the new digital scenario.
- To acquire and understand knowledge: Students should prove to have acquired and understood knowledge beyond that acquired in the first cycle, which gives them and opportunity to be original in the development or application of ideas, often in the context of research.
- Application of knowledge: Students should know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their capacity for solving problems in new or nearly new environments within wider (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of studies.
- Capacity of judgement: Students should be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of forming judgement from information which, although incomplete or limited, includes thought about the social and ethical responsibilities related to the application of their knowledge and judgement.
- Capacity to communicate and social ability: Students should be able to communicate their conclusions -and the knowledge and final reasons which sustain them- to specialized and non-specialized public in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Ability for learning: Students should possess the necessary learning abilities to allow them to continue cstudying in a mostly autonomous and self-directed way.
Specific competences of the degree are included in the degree report. Follow this link to access them:
Competencias Específicas (72 kb)