Objectives and Competences
Its aims are to train researches who are able to:
- Deepen in the methodologies for planning, development and evaluation of the teaching-learning processes so that, by a process of analysis and research, they understand the difficulties which appear in school context.
- Plan, develop and evaluate didactic methodologies leading to teaching in the different subject matters (Language, Natural Science, Mathematics...)
- Know the relevant methodological approaches for research in didactics.
- Know the main lines of research in didactics.
- Use the main methodological instruments for research in social science and their possibilities.
Competences are the set of interrelated knowledge, attitudes, values, abilities and skills, which can be identified and evaluated, and which enable the student to undertake the professional activity according to requirements and standards used in the appropriate occupational area.
All masters of the University of Almeria explicitly cover two types of competences:
- Generic Competences included in Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October, establishing regulations for Official University Studies.
- Specific Competences of the degree. These competences are specified in the degree report, and are related to its own disciplines. Part of these competences may have been agreed at the regional level of Andalusia, or, in some degrees, they may have been decided nationally.
- To acquire and understand knowledge: Students should prove to have acquired and understood knowledge beyond that acquired in the first cycle, which gives them and opportunity to be original in the development or application of ideas, often in the context of research.
- Application of knowledge: Students should know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their capacity for solving problems in new or nearly new environments within wider (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of studies.
- Capacity of judgement: Students should be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of forming judgement from information which, although incomplete or limited, includes thought about the social and ethical responsibilities related to the application of their knowledge and judgement.
- Capacity to communicate and social ability: Students should be able to communicate their conclusions -and the knowledge and final reasons which sustain them- to specialized and non-specialized public in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Ability for learning: Students should possess the necessary learning abilities to allow them to continue cstudying in a mostly autonomous and self-directed way.
Specific competences of the degree are included in the degree report. Follow this link to access them:
Competencias Específicas (24 kb)